5 Ways Hypnosis Helps with Addiction Recovery
- Your hypnotherapist will ask what your triggers are and about the roughest times and events for you and then desensitize you to them with visualizations and breathing techniques.
- The affirmations that you need the most to build self-esteem, confidence, hope and more . . . become more deeply ingrained in your psyche when you are in an altered state.
- You can be guided to a special place in your mind and while you imagine and sense actually being present there, your brain chemistry shifts and releases endorphins and other feel-good chemicals to create a natural sense of peace and joy.
- By learning self-hypnosis you learn to mitigate stress and many of the uncomfortable feelings of anxiety, insomnia, etc. that come after detox-PAWS (post-acute withdrawal syndrome). They can last for months and are the cause of most relapses.
- As you leave your self-deadening substance behind, the imagery and visualizations can help you recover lost parts of yourself, talents and suppressed desires. So, you start to create the life that you’ve always yearned for and still deserve.
Tags: 12 Steps, AA, addictions, alcohol treatment, hypnosis Denver, hypnosis Wheat Ridge, hypnotherapy 80033, Moderation Management, recovery, SMART Recovery, sobriety, substance abuse, Women for Sobriety